AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I want an air fryer for French fries.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 5/3/2022 09:48 (#9644103 - in reply to #9643382)
Subject: RE: I want an air fryer for French fries.

East of Broken Bow
For Christmas got the wife a Ninja air fryer. One of the pricier brands, but supposed to be one of the best, and my wife loves to cook, and enjoys tinkering with new gadgets.

I say money well spent. If you are just doing fries, I would say about any cheap fryer that 'works' should be good enough. Go to the grocery store, and find some 'French Fry Seasoning' and sprinkle it very lightly on the fries before you cook them, and they will be as good as oil fried, and with no oil.
Don't ask me how it does it, but my wife's air fryer will make fries that have the perfect crisp to them (and you can vary the crisp to your preference) while still being cooked all the way through, and moist in the middle. There are several french fry seasonings out there, I think they became popular when air fryers became popular.
My favorites would be 'natural' - which gives them pretty much the same flavor as salted deep fried FF, and 'Freddies' which is best with shoestring fries. If done right, tastes just like the fries from Famous Freddies.
Just have to experiment on how much to use. I would advise to start light and work your way up. You can always add a little more seasoning after they are cooked, but you can't take it off. Best flavor though, is with the seasoning cooked in. As stated before, spread them out in a thin layer for best results.
Bacon is awesome air fried as well, as are most any greasy food like sausage links, or even hamburgers if you like them lean. The grease drains out, yet they don't dry out. (well, they can if you overcook them - if things seem 'dry' they are cooked too long).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)