AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 1790 ISO w Trimble TMX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

kauppfarming
Posted 5/2/2022 10:36 (#9642252)
Subject: JD 1790 ISO w Trimble TMX

Hi. Having a lot of trouble figuring out our JD 1790 planter to work with our Claas tractor with a Trimble TMX2050. First I will list equipment descriptions and see if anyone knows what works with what and what my options are. Being in southern alberta it has been hard to find anyone here who really knows anything about this stuff.

Tractor- 2021 Claas Axion 960. Full isobus.

GPS- Trimble TMX2050 with isobus and task controller unlocks.

Planter

2011 JD 1790 32r15
Has trucount clutches running to a Greenstar 2 grey aluminum rate controller pn 81019. No idea how to control these but at the moment I’m more concerned with just making the thing plant. E-Set row meters with VRD control. For harnessing that hooks to tractor we have the frame control harness that goes to the in cab frame box, the 7 pin trailer harness and then the isobus harness, which also has another plug (i think AMS plug from my research) that we can’t plug into anything in the tractor.

When I plug in the virtual terminal it brings the planter software, I believe seedstar2? (can’t figure out which one it is) and something about a PM2 that has compressor information and downforce data (can’t figure out how to tell the machine it doesn’t have a compressor to control). This machine does not have the john deere active downforce compressor, it came with nothing but we set up a hydraulic one we made ourselves that automatically kicks in and out at 100 lbs. I do not believe the planter has Active downforce despite giving warnings about it running the compressor for too long.

My biggest issue at the moment seems to be getting any sort of GPS or Radar signal into the virtual terminal. From what I’ve read the VT will not control the VRD drives unless you have both the wheel speed signal from the planter as well as a speed signal from the tractor. I’ve looked over this forum but I’m not too good at searching for stuff apparently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by kauppfarming 5/2/2022 10:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)