AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dumb question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/28/2022 10:34 (#9635818 - in reply to #9635787)
Subject: RE: Dumb question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The above is correct. Everybody wants to sell you their display.

There are some combinations of mixing brands that are possible but the displays for steering pretty much must match the brand of the steering controllers. An exception might be when a Trimble product is rebranded as CIH or New Holland. It is really a Trimble inside and may work. So the steering display really needs to match the steering controller.

These steering systems require GPS. Some GPS systems are built into a display and others are separate.

GPS systems have programmable outputs. Many can work with two different devices. The devices can be different brands as long as both parties can utilize the GPS standard communication scheme.

For example, I had a Trimble CFX 750 in a tractor for steering the tractor with a Trimble Nav II. Later I wanted to add an Ag Leader display from a different tractor to control a sprayer. The Ag Leader needed a GPS source. I could have added a second GPS system but instead I used a special cable to get GPS from the CFX-750.

There are other combinations where that type of thing is possible, that is, use one GPS for other devices of the same brand or different.

Edited by tedbear 4/28/2022 10:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)