AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 4/21/2022 10:41 (#9624502 - in reply to #9624454)
Subject: RE: Wheat

NCND
I didn’t but if you didn’t plan on growing any you would not have any sold. I’m just saying the wheat price isn’t horrible for spring wheat growing areas.

We were setting a new high every 5 years on spring wheat 99,04,09,14 and 2019 was set up to do it until late hail hit then the rain started and made 20bpa just disappear during harvest. 2024 will be our year! Wheat should be about 5$ by then. Typically how it goes.

I started selling wheat several dollars ago when it was comparatively speaking to history very profitable. This last 1.50 just makes it very very good. That’s all I’m trying to say is everyone rips on the hrsw new crop price but it is pretty tough to find numbers that look this good even with high inputs.

I’d say exact same for corn but we don’t consistently raise it as well as wheat. We have some
Moisture now amd it’ll take just a few rains to raise a large wheat crop. Last year we had zero subsoil or moisture to even olant into but still managed about 34bpa on 2-3” of rain all season.

To each their own. I’m just pointing some things out that wheat in wheat country isn’t near as bad as some make it out profitability wise this year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)