AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Center bin sump question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tiny42ND
Posted 6/16/2009 09:11 (#746904)
Subject: Center bin sump question.

This past year we had a long fall with the quality of the corn being very poor in some instances. So that brought ALOT of broken kernels with some bins getting hot in the center because they were not cored. Some guys around here have had problems getting their corn to flow out through the center sump. We have had the same problem and the guys just got done fighting with a bin yesterday that we should have emptied out earlier. Does anyone know of some sort of "chunk-breaker" that could be manufactured and placed over the center sump and drag auger? This thing (in my mind anyway) would be about the size of your end table you put your tv remote on in your living room. Braced properly so it wont collapse under the pressure of the grain, but would have a series of spikes varying in length going in all different directions from the top. My thought is that a clump would get caught in these spikes and the pressure of the grain going down into the sump would break up the clump. Then you wouldn't have those clumps plugging up the sump. If there is a really tough clump it would just hang up there and eventually get worked over enough by the passing grain until it was small enough to pass through. That is my thought anyway. What are you thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)