AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many pages printed with your printer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 3/31/2022 08:58 (#9589386)
Subject: How many pages printed with your printer?

Iowa

This is sort of a "what's the most hours you've put on a tractor" question like they sometimes do in machinery talk.  I messed up one of my printer settings while trying to do something in SMS, and soon I was unable to print anything, be it from spreadsheets or anything else.  As a result of poking around a little, I found a printer status report.  Among the things listed on the report was "Total Pages Printed", sort of like miles on a car or hours on a tractor.  Mine said 7658 pages.  That's probably about right.  It is just a cheap HP ink jet printer that has been easy for me to maintain and has worked well so far.  I like it because it's simple, paper & various envelopes feed through it well, and the ink is easy (although seems expensive) to replace.  It's just for my own farm use and some volunteer work, not like an office with full time staff running things through it all day long. 

Most of us likely have a good idea of how many miles to expect to get out of a car and how many hours is a lot for a tractor or a combine.  How many pages should I expect to run through a cheap ink jet printer?  How much more could I expect from a better printer?  

Edited by tigger 3/31/2022 09:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)