AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The West is committing financial suicide.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 3/6/2022 19:15 (#9545130 - in reply to #9543839)
Subject: RE: The West is committing financial suicide.

C IL

I will agree with your underlying twin messages, I think.

The freak-out sanctions led primarily by the EU, which pulled along the US at a much faster clip than I believe was expected, are real trouble.  The sanctions are not carefully targeted and as the raw materials producing machine that is Russia goes offline the supply chain for well, everything, will get snarled up even worse and possibly beyond repairing its current state.  

On our farm I am thinking very seriously about getting next year’s chemicals and maybe some seed and keeping every fuel barrel and LP tank full for a long time. Even in COvID, I have yet to live in a world of true absolute unavailability.  Glyphosate and glufosinate have been available at crazy prices, but they have been available.  I think some things may just absolutely not be available as a result of those sanctions.  

It is also harshly true and awkward to say aloud, but Ukraine, NATO, the EU and USA appear to have miscalculated their risk with Russia over recent decades and Ukraine is paying a brutal, brutal price.  It’s not fair, it’s not right, I think few if any Americans are happy about it, but the world can be a hard place and it is today.

As we have been discussing with the COvID upheaval, I think including that and now Ukraine we are not yet close to the midpoint of ugly things that will reorder the world in this decade.  I hope not, but it seems change/reversion is the order of the day.  Most of the world population still isn’t close to a COvID vaccination.  Add in unplanned famine and poverty and political crises are gonna erupt everywhere, but not here in the USA/Canada.  And we don’t have the political will or leadership to do much about it in these times.  Ugly as well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)