AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4840 found hyd leak... now what is it??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 6/9/2009 22:08 (#738891)
Subject: 4840 found hyd leak... now what is it??

nc IA
Got the hood off the 4840 this evening - that's interesting by yourself with the muffler still attached (won't come off - later project). Wanted to overheat this spring if I wasn't careful - flushed out the radiator / cooler couple times and it was definitely part of the issue. Bunch of buildup up front - thought might be a return fuel line leak... well it's not. But WHAT is this part??? John Deere Parts catalog has somehow "lost" the 46 &4840 parts records tonight for some reason - and I can't match up the resivor to a 4440 or 4850. Line that popped out of the fitting goes back to the underside of the cab.

Figured someone would know off hand, and if so - do you think it can be welded or brazed back in (the nipple that came out?) or file 13 and order a different one of whatever it is?

Once this is fixed then it's on to trying to access the hyd pump - I've developed a leak there over this spring (working down tile lines is not real friendly on equipment or the operator I've found out). Initial appearance is maybe one of the piston caps may be the culprit - and if so I'm hoping I can access it without removing the entire front end like the service manual suggests!!

Thanks as always!

(P1010412.JPG)

(P1010413.JPG)

(P1010414.JPG)

(P1010415.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1010412.JPG (39KB - 73 downloads)
Attachments P1010413.JPG (81KB - 89 downloads)
Attachments P1010414.JPG (82KB - 80 downloads)
Attachments P1010415.JPG (85KB - 77 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)