AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snow Goose Hunting - Help Needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

sflem849
Posted 2/15/2022 17:41 (#9504978)
Subject: Snow Goose Hunting - Help Needed

SE WI

First off, let me start with the back story. My dad and I have been going out to South Dakota to hunt snow geese for most of a decade with a guide. He/I/we have also been down to Arkansas for the last 3 or 4 years with a guide. We made the (possibly crazy) choice to try and do it ourselves this year.

I took my sons (11 and 13) down south to do a little scouting and hunting last weekend. We took Hwy 67 south into Arkansas and ended up hunting near Weiner/SW of Jonesboro. I have always heard farmers HATE snow geese and are fairly willing to let you hunt. Let me say, I have never been told "No you can't hunt on our farm" so politely in my life. Every person we met in Arkansas were GREAT people and taught me a lot about farming and living down south.

My dad and I are planning to head down south again this weekend to try it again. I am a no-till farmer and professional soil sampler up here in Wisconsin. I know hunters tend to get a bad rap here on NAT, but I'm obviously a farmer of like mind and will treat your farm like my own. Does anyone have any snow geese they would like "removed" from their property? If you don't have them on your farm, do you know any neighborhoods where the geese like to hang out? Even if the geese aren't right on your farm, but they are near by that would help. Any neighborhoods that the farmers are fairly willing to let you hunt?

Thank you for your help and I'm looking forward to another trip down south. The people have been awesome!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)