AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apple computers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Nor-C-Ore-Drylander
Posted 2/3/2022 16:14 (#9480831 - in reply to #9480306)
Subject: RE: Apple computers?

North Central Oregon
I have a couple older macs that are still in daily service. I have never had a problem that couldn't be solved with them running slower. They are now old enough that they cannot be updated to newer OS's. My 2012 27" i7 iMac is still a fast machine, it has ran basically 24/7 since 2012. I now use it for running my weather station and for legacy software that will not run on the newer operating systems. I did purchase a M1 mac mini for running new software.

I find most times when a Mac seems slow it usually means your storage is getting close to full, you have too many applications running concurrently, a bad ram stick (in the older non-integrated macs), As previously stated the cooling system is being blocked/inefficient and the computer is thermally throttled, or PRAM needs reset.
I have ran macs since the late 1980s. In that time I have had a Mac SE, Mac IIsi, G3 Powermac, Powermac G5, 2012 i7 iMac, M1 Mini.

My upgrades came mainly when I was needing more horsepower for graphics or Video Editing. 6 Desktops over 33 years isn't too bad. I know people running Windows PC's that do that in 10 years.

I have also had 3 Mac Laptops (145b, 15" MacBook Pro Core2Duo, and a 2015 15" i7 MacBook Pro) over that time period that I ran concurrently with the desktops. The 2 MacBook pros are still in use. I use the 2015 MacBook pro to broadcast live our Church services as well as project slides, run powerpoint, etc. during our services.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)