AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 4320 Hyd leak
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 6/8/2009 21:17 (#737429 - in reply to #736839)
Subject: RE: JD 4320 Hyd leak

just a tish NE of central ND
Bubbaspb - 6/8/2009 11:13

I have a 4320 that keeps taking the pto piston o-rings out. I replaced the pins and orings about a year ago. This is a neighbors tactor and i dont want him to start thinking im incompetant! : ) Seems like i remember there is some adjustment to the valve under the dash. I havent worked for JD dealer in 20 years....too many cobwebs in my head. Any ideas? TIA!

If I were a betting man, (Im not) Id bet pretty confidently that your PTO control valve is not properly adjusted causing the pistons to "rock in and out" during operation. Heres how you tell ...... lay under the tractor with the flywheel cover off and have someone run the pto while the engine is running. Keep you hands out of there and observe ....... If the pistons come partly back out of the bores when the lever goes over center it needs to be adjusted at the control valve so it doesnt. Im betting that your pistons are rocking back and forth as your clutch fingers rotate and your o rings wont last long that way. (been there, done that)Its probably not your fingers or clutch at fault, just an ajustment on that control valve.
Fun splitting the tractor to replace 3$ worth the o rings isnt it?I alway thought there must be a better way, but there isnt.

Edited by School Of Hard Knock 6/8/2009 21:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)