AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

getting catalog ready
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ICC
Posted 1/14/2022 06:52 (#9439020 - in reply to #9438061)
Subject: RE: getting catalog ready

deep in the southeastern corner of Idaho
That picture was taken a couple years ago mid august. Was the last time my FIL was able to go because of health. He was 80 then. We are about 8500' feet elevation and the terrain is steep with one main trail and lots of side trails going into the choke cherries. We have other riders staged trying to keep them out of the choke cherries. We are bringing them home to calve 3rd week of Sept. It is as harder to get them to go down the hill when they are 8 months preg than when we turn them out. We are 2 hours from the trailers so you are just about out of horse before you even find the cattle. I am the 3rd generation to run on this allotment. Angus or Herefords doesn't matter they know how to duck off into the choke cherries and watch you ride on by. I'm sure they are laughing to themselves as we leave them but I'm laughing back because after a couple of days of adjusting them to lower elevation and good feed they are turned out on dry farm alfalfa regrowth to start calving. Who is the winner? We make another back ride about a week later then those we still miss usually come home by themselves. Our off date is Sept 16th never had one stay up there that long since we started calving in the fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)