AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ITC Extend
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torriem
Posted 1/11/2022 23:07 (#9434992 - in reply to #9430993)
Subject: RE: ITC Extend

Yes it performs identically to the EZ-Guide with WAAS. Or really any system that runs on WAAS. We've used WAAS for many years on combines and swathers. It's adequate much of the time. I don't particularly find a need for increased precision (6-12" pass to pass is enough for me), but what it does not have is repeatability. When using two machines in the same field, for example, you always have to adjust your passes to more closely match and always error on the side of overlap. Repeatability is really the main selling point of RTK or even SF3 and Centerpoint RTX. Having essentially the same track year on year, and between machines is really nice. That and how it enables precise boundary control.

I think WAAS is adequate for some kinds of tillage, certain kinds of swathing, combining non-row crops, etc. It may be barely adequate for spraying in some situations (I have done it before). And it works alright for many forms of section control, as section control always involves some overlap anyway. It's definitely not nearly as good as SF1. And probably not good enough for row crops, especially if you have a different width of planter than your harvester is. Even SF1 may not be good enough for that.

Edited by torriem 1/11/2022 23:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)