AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do displays (2600) "age" and get slow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sfi
Posted 1/8/2022 13:32 (#9427750)
Subject: Do displays (2600) "age" and get slow?

Oregon

We have a 2600 display (new in 2007) we use in a 7520 for Autotrac using a 3000 on SF1.
It worked great for a long time but now it gets slow on the headland turns often enough that you'd like to take a hammer to it.
I'll try to describe it the best I can so you can picture my problem.
Doing tillage work on a 15' track spacing we use a "skip pass" driving pattern. By "slow" what I mean is when you're about done with the U-turn part of the headland turn and you're near where the next track is on the ground in the real world, you still have to wait for the correct line on the screen to become "active" (turn white) Then you hit the resume autotrac switch it won't grab the line and go. It just acts sleepy. It feels like the screen is delayed in time from reality. In other words, if you watch the screen as you make the U-turn, in reality the tractor will be at the point of needing to straighten out and line up on the next pass but the screen is lagging behind in time and showing your position as not that far along.
Because I have Muscular Dystrophy my arms are weak and I get tired easily (which is one reason I got Autotrac in the first place) so I make the first 2/3rds of the headland turn but I rely on the tractor to straighten its wheels when it's time and head down the next pass. I wait for my next line to get white, I'm within the parameters as far as angle of approach, and I hit the switch with no results. So I hit it again (the correct line is still white on the screen) but by then the tractor in reality is actually closer to an adjacent line even though the screen doesn't show that. And then I hit the switch a third time and it grabs the wrong line because by then the screen has had time to make the active line the wrong one.
It has been suggested to me by the dealer that the 2600 is just getting old and a new display would correct the problem. They have messed with the memory card and we've tried a new card (the correct kind of card) but nothing got better.
Would it do any good to send the display somewhere for service? Or is time for a new one? 
By the way, the tractor works as it should when we put our 2630 in it.
2630's have gotten scarce and valuable... Could go to the 4640 (4240 won't work in tractors that old) but prefer not to in order to keep things consistent for a certain employee. 

Edited by sfi 1/8/2022 13:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)