AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm management software change
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tlefarm
Posted 12/17/2021 22:00 (#9383066 - in reply to #9346148)
Subject: RE: Farm management software change

As a long-time user of Farmworks, I didn't want to lose my historical data. Contact support. They can help you install on a new computer so that you can have access. With that said tho, since they are no longer offering support, it's time to jump ship. If you're wanting an accounting solution, Granular and Trimble Ag (on-line) will not fit your needs. They are not accounting softwares and would not integrate to your field records and mapping. PC Mars is an easy to use accounting software but operates on an outdated platform and would not tie into your field records or mapping. I am not familiar with the others you mentioned except for Traction. Traction is easy to learn and use. I would highly recommend you take advantage of their free trial at www.tractionag.com. As far as reading in harvest maps, they aren't quite there yet but I know it's on their road map. I updated the firmware on our AL Incommand this fall and Farmworks couldn't read our yield maps anymore. I already had SMS, so I read into there. From there you could probably export as a shape file and read into FW for the time being. Hope that helps you out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)