AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

video editing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 5/31/2009 22:09 (#728665)
Subject: video editing

Elmira, Ontario

Okay, so I bought a dslr with a movie mode. I really had no plans on using it, but ended up shooting my daughter playing at a piano recital. This has me thinking.

1. Can I easily get the file sizes down without losing a lot of quality? I shot 80 seconds at the camera's lowest quality and still ended up with 38Mb (I wonder how big the hd mode would have been?). It shoots .avi.
  2. Can I adjust exposure with editing software? There was a bright window behind the shot, with very little room lighting. Since shooting the video was a last minute idea, I didn't look into locking the exposure on the camera so ended up with a darker exposure than I'd normally want.
  3. Pinnacle Studio has gotten favourable reviews here and elsewhere. I tried learning about it on their web site, but they don't seem to actually say anything. Is there a better place to find out its capabilities? Are the upgraded versions of much use for a starting amateur? They have a free version under a different title, but I forget what now. Is it of any use?
  4. What else is out there these days? I'm not against spending money, but I'd like to keep it under 100 bucks. I have Windows Movie Maker on this computer which seems to have basic capabilities, but not the exposure adjusting I'd like.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)