AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gradient intellislope question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 11/25/2021 18:47 (#9341568 - in reply to #9341048)
Subject: RE: Gradient intellislope question

I typically do like GPS DUDE suggested and set it at a chosen grade until deep enough and then reset in auto tile mode for the rest of the run. I just did one this week where there was a real steep grade up from a creek bottom in a short distance and when I tried to do my settings in auto tile, it was saying I had to be deeper than I had room for. My gut and eyes told me I had plenty of room and was expecting that the situation was that I was going almost straight up within the first 10 feet and the computer was giving a buffer for that instead of assuming it would work. I just set it to manual grade, pulled ahead about 20 feet, checked my depth and found out I was plenty deep and had room to spare. I then set it to auto tile and finished the run. This was easy since the whole run had almost 1 percent slope, but it was illustrative of the limitations of an "idiot proof" system. I am greatful that the software errs on the safe side, but knowing this can help in a few creative situations. (this was with the Ag Leader system, not the Gradient, but the concept is the same)

Edited by JDpastor 11/25/2021 18:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)