AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New AFS vector pro vs 372 rtx unlocked?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 11/20/2021 08:31 (#9330693 - in reply to #9330661)
Subject: RE: New AFS vector pro vs 372 rtx unlocked?

East Central, Nebraska
your kind of speaking a few different terms that dont belong together. hopefully i can help clarify a little.

rtx is not an unlock, 372s have different levels of unlocks just like other companies do. the 372 comes out of the box with waas, then it has a midlevel unlock referred to as omni and a high level unlock called rtk. which unlock you have is unclear from your information but could be cleared up by which level of rtx you have. rangepoint is the lowest level used on trimble gps devices which can be utilized on waas level unlock, then there is centerpoint fast and centerpoint standard. difference between them is the convergence time it takes to reach maximum accuracy, fast being the best. traditionally fast required the rtk unlock where standard only needed the omni unlock. both claim 1-2 inch accuracy repeatable in season. i would guess you maybe have rtx fast but not sure.

as for the new systems i would say that if you use the same subscription you used for your current 372 you should see little to no difference in accuracy and repeatability.

if you upgrade either system to rtk, using a modem or radio you can expect the highest level of accuracy and repeatability based on a good well maintained base or base network.

all and all if your happy with the rtx service your using you should be equally as happy using it on a newer gps in a newer tractor. if you demand a little more then rtk is the top all be all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)