AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on squeaky knee...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/19/2021 07:49 (#9328781 - in reply to #9326717)
Subject: RE: Update on squeaky knee...

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
My father had his hips done in early 90's got along great until one wore enough to pop out twice, they had to go in and replace the joint again. I remember one time he popped it out reaching down off a 4 wheeler to pull a irrigation dam. had to call EMT's to get him off 4 wheeler and take him to hospital very painful. He also had a knee done after the hips, they left hardware loose, had to go back in and tighten it up. He then got staff infection it, almost lost his leg over it.

My mother had a hip done lasted I think 10 years or more, worked great until the metal parts were flaking off and poisoning her blood making her very sick. Doctors finally figured it out, replaced the joint and told her to keep the joint as possible lawsuit. Problem we had with mother was she thought she was Superwoman, doing what she wasn't supposed to do after replacement. Popped the new one out two times, Doc threated her to a body cast if she didn't stop taking her leg brace off. Finally got the point across. She's been doing better now 4 years later.

Those joints will wear, if popping out the person is doing stuff they shouldn't or its wore to the point they need replaced again. Doc's have told me the worst thing a person can do is sit on a toilet and reach down to floor and try to pick something up, it will pop joint out real easy.

The last time doc put dad's in Doc had been on a full shift all day was tired. He couldn't get the joint to go back in. So they knocked dad out for the night, Doc came back in the morning fresh start and he got it right back in. At that point they deiced to replace it, as it happened twice.

Good luck with your brother, I'm facing a couple of knees trying to put it off for a long as I can.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)