AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advantages of a belt conveyor vs auger?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BtBookworm
Posted 10/16/2021 20:20 (#9272610 - in reply to #9272550)
Subject: RE: Advantages of a belt conveyor vs auger?

Here and There
This may not directly answer your question but I purchased a Brandt 1547 self moving conveyor with 26hp gas motor last summer and it's been hands down one of the best purchases I've ever made. I think we've run 250,000 bushels of mostly corn through it and the belt still looks brand new. Other than changing the oil, greasing, cleaning the air filter once, and tensioning and aligning the belt it's been flawless and extremely fast. We broke it in hard last summer by loading trucks out of a 10 inch and 8 inch unload at the same time. We couldn't open the 8 inch completely wide open at the same time as the 10, but it handled both part way, and it just played with the 10 inch wide open by itself.

I should be a salesman for them-lol. We wish we would have bought one years ago. No more messing with tractor block heaters in the winter. Just drive it to your truck hitch, hook it up and take it wherever you want. You can make the self mover drive itself at a walking speed or at a run. I also added the ALL wheel drive option and have only had to use it once to drive it thru a snow drift, but it worked.
...my 2nd greatest purchase? ...a golf cart to get around the farm with. I always forget that one thing or tool and used to have to walk back across the farm lot 10 min to get it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)