AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2013 Case mini-magnum 190 fault code 19742
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim Naden
Posted 10/16/2021 09:11 (#9271707 - in reply to #9271667)
Subject: RE: Solved it!

Southeastern Tipton County, Indiana

Dave F - 10/16/2021 09:55 While messing with camera setup, I was also working on grain cart lighting and replaced a fuse. Also 'borrowed' relay #5 to address an intermittent HVAC controller issue. I swapped the two relays, thinking 5 was not used since it was marked 'blank' on the relay diagram and put the glitchy HVAC relay back into spot 5. A call to the dealer service manager this morning and he found info online stating relay 5 is NOT blank and will throw code 19742 when not installed. Shout out to Kalmes Implement in Altura!

Now we know the rest of the story!

Glad it was a simple fix for you.

BTW, I had a recent service call with a similar active fault that ended up being a weak relay.
What was throwing me off track was when I unplugged the harness at the ECM to check input voltages I got a good reading.
Not until I pulled the base with relay out and back probed it to check the ECM input voltage while the circuit was complete was I able to find out that the relay was making poor contact and couldn't carry the load. This was after I used a jumper to bypass the relay and that made the fault go inactive at key on. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)