AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter closing wheel system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

chris dds
Posted 5/26/2009 21:31 (#723860 - in reply to #723759)
Subject: RE: Planter closing wheel system

Take a look at the 1250 planters. They are a very comparable design to the 1770 nt from JD -- similar fold and frame flex. You can get it without the AFS display and fold with a simple fold box with switches like you would find in a JD.

I switched from a JD vac planter to a 1250 front fold this year. I got mechanical seed drive and the non AFS monitor system. I had zero downtime with the planter this year. We had one service call because a folding cylinder need a little adjustment, but that was something that I could have easily fixed in 10 minutes after I saw how to do it.

I started planting corn with my JD and finished with the 1250. The biggest difference that I noticed is that the row units on the 1250 ride much more smoothly than the JD. There is (visibly) less bounce on the 1250 at 6.5 mph than the JD had at 5 mph. It's hard to tell if that is significant yield wise.

I love the 1250 planter, but if they only offered a pivot fold, I would still have a JD planter.

JD has a good planter. I wouldn't say that they are BETTER than the 1250. They are just different. There are things that I liked better on the JD and there are things that I like better on the Case.

Edited by chris dds 5/26/2009 21:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)