AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

By my math...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 10/9/2021 20:59 (#9260953 - in reply to #9260506)
Subject: RE: By my math...

C IL

Listened to a dr talk about this - the proper death certificate is something along the lines of ‘died from myocardial infarction due to underlying heart disease caused by COvID’.

The individual was statistically going to die from heart disease, but died early from the massive inflation that COvID triggers vs what would naturally happen, and actuaries can control for the small fraction of predicted death risk from, say, being ejected from a car in a crash and dying.

A more accurate statistic would be something along the lines of ‘lost life-years’ which is a measurement of how folks died prematurely.  Years where folks intended to do things with kids and grandkids, travel with spouses, pursue a passion, create innovative work solutions, etc.  This can and I imagine eventually will be analyzed and made public.  It sure seems the CDC or NIH or CMS would be analyzing and publishing data like this, by age group.

As my neighbor the pharmaceutical sales rep says, we are going back to 1980 for life expectancies.  He’s the real winner, selling COvID drugs to treat the infected and hospitalized.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)