AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking at machinery, what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 10/9/2021 13:01 (#9260414 - in reply to #9260353)
Subject: RE: Looking at machinery, what would you do?

SW OH
Depends on how bad I want it and if the little weld meets my approval. If I'm not comfortable with it I would have no problem telling him he is a liar and that's no where close to "a little weld".

I found 16, 10' coral panels on sale on Craigslist. The description said they were starting to surface rust a little on the bottom. So my daughter and I went to look at them, even took a trailer with us. Almost all of them had the bottom tube and feet missing. They were made with paper thin tube to start with. The woman was asking $1,200 for all of them. I offered her $200. She said her son worked at the local scrap yard and that they were worth $700 there. I got pretty mad at that statement and told her she could do what she wanted, but don't lie to me. About that time her husband came out hearing our argument and told me to leave, they would take them for scrap and get their $700. My daughter picked a panel up over her head and said it only weighs xx pounds and scrap is yy dollars a pound. She did the math in her head and told them they had 40 some dollars in scrap, "come on dad, their both liars, let's go home"! We had taken a load there a few weeks before and she got the money so she was all gung ho about scraping for a while. Some people think their junk is gold plated.

Mitchco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)