AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

phooey, rebates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cooperator
Posted 10/7/2021 16:07 (#9257594 - in reply to #9257062)
Subject: RE: phooey, rebates

Central Alberta
Chris - 10/7/2021 08:31

Not in the league with people worrying about Covid or those trying to find parts for machinery etc. but I'm disappointed this morning.  I wanted to purchase something from Menards as they are having their weekly 11% off which really is just an infinite 11% off something else sale.

I noticed that Home Depot price matches, so I called to see if they would match the rebate price at Menards.  Yep, . . . with a Home Depot rebate.

Crud. 

I don't want to carry around or keep track of a rebate for weeks or months and I don't want to be locked into buying from one particular store.  Nobody will convince me that any rebate that forces you to buy from them is really a rebate or discount.

So, now do I buy at Menards or Home Depot?

($71.79 rebate) + I already have another $52+ I'm waiting on from Menards.

Can you imagine one of the car companies giving rebates that were only good for another car?

I designed a software product back in 2004 that kept track of crop chemical product rebates and optimized your purchases to maximize rebate returns. It had a great response and started selling like hotcakes. Shortly after, all the chemical companies suddenly discontinued their rebate programs, and my product became useless.

I found out later that rebate programs work because they help make the sales, but they rely on a large portion of the customer base failing to redeem their rebates on time. If most people manage to redeem their rebates, the program is judged a failure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)