AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Building a farm website?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Bennachie
Posted 11/29/2021 21:40 (#9350308 - in reply to #9252195)
Subject: RE: Building a farm website?

SW Nebraska Panhandle
I went through the process of setting up a website highlighting our farm and to also publicize our Highland Cattle herd. I used GoDaddy. It wasn't too bad but still time consuming. At the same time my daughter and my wife set up a Facebook group focused on the Highlands. In the end I dropped the website and we now just use Facebook. It is absolutely amazing the number of people that have followed the Facebook group page and the number of people that have found us from all across the country. My wife gets inquiries on an almost daily basis for cattle to buy from us. Very simple to set up. They just post pictures now and again on the group page and everyone that follows or likes the group get it in thier Facebook page automatically. Totally amazing to me how easy and successful it has been. I suppose it depends how many of the people you reach out to have a Facebook page. I know not everyone is enthusiastic about Facebook and some of the publicity it has garnered lately but for us it has been a huge success.

If you want to check it out you can go to Facebook and look up Bennachie Farm Highlands.

Good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)