AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenworth T800 AC condensor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jimgen
Posted 9/15/2021 16:33 (#9221901 - in reply to #9221260)
Subject: RE: Kenworth T800 AC condensor

central mich
I like KW but the grill denser is really stupid. We just changed out the condenser on a W900 and did not use the grill denser. We used a mack condenser just because it would fit nice. We built some frame work with Aluminum flat bar and rubber mounted the condenser.

The unit we used is a Red Dot number 77R7714 (Mack 210R418 and Red Dot RD-4-5767-OP)
The ports on this unit are upper left hand if facing the truck. Easier to hook up than original . Both are # 8 male o ring. There is good clearance between the condenser and the old grill denser grill. Everything is bolted to the charge air cooler.
We used all aluminum strap and angle and stainless bolts

I hate the way KW grill and attachments are built. I mean to put it back together we had to have someone standing on the grill denser with the hook up to put a wrench on all the bolts on the pieces of the grill and surround. Then the stupid little clips that hold the vertical bars. Would not be a bad idea to have some extras as they are easy to lose. We did use card board and small sheet of plywood for the surround bolts but that pretty much has to be gone to tighten the screws on the vertical bars.

We will never use the grill denser evaporator again. Ours had dents from stones etc and we did not want to use it as a condenser.

Edited by jimgen 9/17/2021 16:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)