AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bakers association. Nice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kggonzo
Posted 8/3/2021 10:28 (#9144252 - in reply to #9144236)
Subject: RE: bakers association. Nice

Northeast Nebraska and Candelaria Philippines
well, on oils, they may have a point...

All veg oils are short right now.

I live in the Philippines and my wife has a wholesale bakery supply business. Our bakeries we supply consists of 20-50 employees, baking 24 hours a day. No automation. They mix the dough by hand in troughs. The average baker will mix up dough amounting to about 150 lbs of flour daily. They primarily use palm oil in baking here.

Whatever the case, this bread is a staple food for the poor here. Wages here for general labor are about $9.00 US dollars per 10 hour day. They have no extra money for more expensive bread.

The cost of palm oil has been up about 40% over the last year. It is having an effect on the bakery owners.

I support ethanol 100%, but maybe they do need to trim the biodiesel requirements a bit for 1 year due to market conditions.

I understand that Brazil has blending requirements that change based on market conditions. I think that might make some sense. $8.00 corn doesn't do anyone any good. $4.00 corn is no good either. They could control that by adjusting blending requirements from 5% to 20%...

I know it's just a dream and would never happen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)