AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where to enter JD 3rd Party Guidance Code
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

brandl12
Posted 8/3/2021 11:05 (#9144304 - in reply to #9143941)
Subject: RE: Not exactly the same but similiar

Thank you all for the responses. I was able to enter the code successfully but now the tractor and Trimble System are both giving me an error. The Tractor is throwing a General Security Error 2 and the FM 1000 is throwing and Authentication Error: Wrong Tractor Serial Number & Autopilot Fault F#183 - JD over CAN secure authentication failed. I will attach photos of these errors below.

I stopped by the local Deere dealership this morning. It would appear the code they sold me doesn't match up with the Serial # on my tractor. But they checked their records and we submitted the correct Serial # on my 8285R to Stellar Support (I believe that is who actually issues the code). I questioned if the typo could have occur when they entered my serial into their system but we don't really have any way of checking.

Deere also told me to check that the connections are good and tight and that the 9 pin CAN connect is clean and possibly take a pick to clear the holes. They have had issues with CAN stuff in the past where although the connection was tight there was crud in the connector where 1 or 2 pins couldn't make a connection. I did check the connection before I hooked everything up and they appear good. I will double check this later today but have my doubts as the Trimble System is picking up me turning the wheels on the tractor and diagnostics show Volts coming from my tractor.

Any Ideas? Thank you.

(JD Error Code 1 (full).jpg)

(JD Error Code 2 (full).jpg)

(John Deere Error Code 3 (full).jpg)

(John Deere Error Code 4 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments JD Error Code 1 (full).jpg (76KB - 90 downloads)
Attachments JD Error Code 2 (full).jpg (72KB - 82 downloads)
Attachments John Deere Error Code 3 (full).jpg (86KB - 74 downloads)
Attachments John Deere Error Code 4 (full).jpg (84KB - 83 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)