AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Progress Maps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 8/2/2021 18:51 (#9143180 - in reply to #9143157)
Subject: RE: Crop Progress Maps

EC SoDak
Some. But Moody County is the best in the state for a reason, that dirt is really good. ;)

I know the bigger rain I got, they caught an inch more. Then Moody caught some pop up showers a couple times after that as well. Then some of those Sioux Falls rains made their way to Moody, not sure how much in the northern tier though. My eastern (Brookings Cnty) and southern (Moody Cnty) ground looks good yet. In general, that’s better dirt and it’s caught at least 2 more inches vs my farmyard, probably 2.5-3 more than my western ground which is hillier and lighter up the hills.

I went and scouted some fields today with my agronomist. His comment was there is a lot of potential, but we need a good rain to happen this week. He also noted, looking at the ears, in some fields there is about 2”+ that will likely abort by this time next week, some already is in the first inch. Not great considering pollination just finished. Ears ranged from 14-20 around depending on hybrid and location in the field.

Edited by SoDak Farms 8/2/2021 19:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)