AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roundup resistant waterhemp in alfalfa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

EastOnfarmer
Posted 8/2/2021 09:00 (#9142386 - in reply to #9142369)
Subject: RE: Roundup resistant waterhemp in alfalfa

Eastern Ontario, Canada
jd7520 - 8/2/2021 09:47

Why do you guys spend big money on roundup alfalfa? You are going to mow every what 28 days? If you have the stand for a number of years, you will go through the seed bank and field will get cleaner with no added expense. It is all about profitability and spending money on an un needed chemical application cuts into the bottom line.

I have the same method as you. but you'd be amazed how many people wait until the field is purple to cut alfalfa. and wait for new seeding to get some purple in it to cut it. we cut early bud when you can just feels the buds like bb's at the top and always take new seeding when the second cut old seeding is ready, regardless of how mature the new seeding is. that new seeding is a full perfect cut in 30 days. other guys wait because it isn't ready yet and gain nothing as it seems to need to get cut once to get restarted. alfalfa loves to be regrowing. but some just can't get that. I am NOT implying anything on the OP. just what I notice of others cutting intervals.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)