AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand 1200 with 955 cyclo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/1/2021 07:53 (#9140585 - in reply to #9140246)
Subject: RE: Incommand 1200 with 955 cyclo

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As stated you will need the Ag Leader Seed Tube Monitoring Module (STTM). This is a black box with various connectors on it that connects to the Ag Leader CAN system via the four pin round connector. Various cables are available to connect to your current planter monitor wiring. I suspect your sensors will be fine.

An implement switch is usually used to inform the system whether the planter is UP or DOWN. This may not be absolutely required but it does prevent false alarms, if a seed should happen to pass through the seed tube when the planter is UP. Using an implement switch is the proper way to do this.

You will need to create a planting configuration indicating that you will be doing Seed monitoring. It will ask for the number rows, spacing, some measurements etc. This would be a one time step as the configuration will remain in the InCommand for use in subsequent years.

I have used such a setup for several years and it works fine. With the InCommand 1200 or older Integra you will have advanced diagnostics concerning spacing, skips, doubles etc. when planting corn. You will have the ability to indicate the various varieties which will make a handy variety map on screen.

Later if that InCommand is put in the combine for yield monitoring/mapping, the various variety locations will be available and it can be set to switch to the different varieties automatically

Edited by tedbear 8/1/2021 07:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)