AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problem w/email
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 5/16/2009 11:11 (#715317 - in reply to #714852)
Subject: Re: Problem w/email

I would have suggested what hRex suggested...a .pst file size problem which hangs because the size is too big, is not compacted or has an email in it that causes it to choke at a certain point. When it does hang, can you cancel the Send/Receive process? If so, you should try switch to different folders a couple times, then go back to Inbox and see what happens. This might sort out the indexing of the file. There are some areas where you can go in and manually select compacting or archiving your email, but I don't recall the menu choices. This might help if it is a .pst problem.

The only other time I have ever seen an email program choke on downloading an email was with Netscape mail, and it was an email from a spammer with a malformed header and messed up date/time stamp. I had to log on to the account through the web portal and delete the email. Once that was done and the index to the Inbox was rebuilt, the other emails downloaded without problem. As you said though, you have other email accounts that work, and it choked on one she sent herself. The only other thing it could be is her .pst file.

If her .pst file is huge, anti-virus or other programs could also cause problems. While the program is loading a huge .pst file, Norton could be scanning it while loading, then it tries doing an automatic Send/Receive at the same time, and somewhere in that process it hangs. Rather than having her account automatically perform a Send/Receive, you could set it to manual and see if that fixes it. When she logs in to her email account, by having hers set to manually Send/Receive, it's possible whatever is causing the hang can get past the problem....then she can try a manual Send/Receive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)