AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rawson help needed!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

77 Farmer
Posted 5/13/2009 23:13 (#712863)
Subject: Rawson help needed!!!!

Southeastern, IL
Since it continues to rain here in SE IL i found somthing to keep me busy. We bought a used Rawson dual drive system to put on our Kinze 3600 16/31 row. My first question is how to tell what sprockets to run on the Rawson and planter. The ne i have has the dual reduction drive on it as far as i can tell. Where ours is different than the normal is our planter has the JD rate controller with Swath Pro utilizing the point row clutches on the planter to shut off the planting when in end rows. Since the rate controller cannot controll the Rawson i thought the best place to power the planter would be the shaft that the contact wheels turn. My question is how to tell what sprockets to run since that shaft turns a different speed than the shafts the units are running on. I read where the Rawson needs to run between 100 and 300 rpm.

My second question is does anybody make a kit to consolidate the wires up by the drawbar to turn 3 seperate wiring harness into 1 harness to make hooking up easier?

We are planning on using the GS2 to send VRA recs to the Rawson, i hope it works like i think. Thanks

Edited by 77 Farmer 5/13/2009 23:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)