AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight - flowmeter calibration number
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/13/2009 12:16 (#712211 - in reply to #712124)
Subject: RE: Insight - flowmeter calibration number

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
RodJ - 5/13/2009 09:58

I am recording starter fertilizer while planting corn with my Insight. The calibration number I used for my flow meter when I installed it is off a little. I would like to change it, but there is no tab or any menu I can find to do that. If I delete the flow meter and reinstall it with the new number, won't I lose what I have already recorded? Thanks

I would create a new flowmeter with a slightly different name such as Liquid Meter II or something so that you can keep the "old" separate from the "new" in your own mind.

I would recreate the planting configuration the same as you did before but chose Liquid Meter II instead of the original. Save this configuration with a name slightly different than what the other name was.

Now when you go to the field, you can chose either one. If you chose the new one and it seems to be more accurate, continue to use that one. After you have analyzed your data from this year you can discard the old configuration which used the old number.

If you find that the old configuration actually was better than the new, you still have it.

It may not be necessary to do it this way but I feel this gives you the best situation given your circumstances.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)