AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's my corn deficient in
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

CMN
Posted 6/10/2021 17:30 (#9051977 - in reply to #9051796)
Subject: RE: What's my corn deficient in

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
I'm not a believer in most "snake oils", but, I let my neighbor/local sales person talk me into a trying a post-emergent application of a Loveland product called RE-NFORCEĀ® K several years ago on 140 acres of corn planted on very light, non irrigated soil that was showing the same symptoms, at the same growth stage as your corn.

I can't say for sure if the corn grew out the symptoms on it's own or not, but the product did seem to actually do some actual good. The corn showed a marked improvement in just a couple days after application even without a timely rain event after I made the application.

If I remember correctly, the label might have called for two applications later in the season for corn, but I only did the one earlier season application with no return of of the yellow striped leaves during the rest of the season.

Like another poster stated, if it doesn't rain soon, will it pay? With that being said, I was pleasantly surprised with my results at the time...so was my neighbor/salesperson. Your results may vary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)