AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorghum sudan looking poor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 6/10/2021 13:24 (#9051671)
Subject: Sorghum sudan looking poor

My sorghum sudan looks poor in general. It's from 25 inches of rain after I planted it to 3.5 weeks after. Rains stopped now and it seems to be coming out of it in spots. Some spots it's yellow and about 1 foot tall about 80% is greener not real green and about 3 to 4 foot tall. Not sure if rain/wet feet delays heading or not. But conpairing plant date from last year and this year I should be heading out in 2.5 weeks or so. Although it was a little cool last year early and got droughty when it was knee high.

I have one field that had the full 25inches while others got less at first and those look better. Will it ever pull out of it?

I am thinking I might be low on P, is there anyway to apply P after first cutting? I think no but I don't know it all for sure. I would think it would need to be worked into the soil so I say no.

Am I correct to think the roots were not getting enough air and they are stunted and it will pull through and 2nd cutting will be better???

Last few days have been sunny and 90+ degrees and it seems to be looking better or maybe I am just optimistic.

I probably won't be able to cut it for atleast a week as the soil is just super wet. Need to get the top of the soil somewhat dry first.

Edited by StxPecans 6/10/2021 13:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)