AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 440 speed input
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/1/2021 12:19 (#9036780 - in reply to #9036759)
Subject: RE: Raven 440 speed input

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
Yes, the above is correct. There were some external devices that allowed a radar signal to be used with the really old 400 and 440s that didn't have the speed choice of SP1 and SP2 but I haven't seen any of them for many years.

If you get a cable for the 750, it will plug into Port A. You will need to go into the 750 menu structure and turn the emulated radar ON. This may be referred to as Digital Out. You will be asked for a Hz value. I suggest using 57 Hz. The Raven will need to be set to SP2 and use a speed cal of 612 in the Raven.

Drive around and observe speed on both devices. Hopefully the Raven will show a somewhat reasonable speed. If the Raven speed is slower than the speed shown on the Trimble then increase the Raven speed cal number a bit. Repeat until the Raven speed agrees with the Trimble speed.

When I did this, I used a relay connected to the center Boom of the Raven and a pair of pins in the 750. I set the coverage map in the 750 to SWITCH. Then a coverage map was painted on the 750 whenever the center section of the Raven was ON. This was very handy especially when returning to the field after a refill or another day.

Edited by tedbear 6/1/2021 12:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)