AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CPU ? to support the SSE instructions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

vstk
Posted 5/10/2009 18:38 (#709183 - in reply to #708897)
Subject: XP and new MB and CPU

It is not leagel per the license for the OEM version of Windows to move it to a new MB, as in the case of trying to upgrade, if you had a MB fail and replaced it with the same MB....... that would be acceptable. There are techs that lie to Microsoft to do this ........... it is unethical and illegal. I dont look very highly on anyone that condones it.

If his computer is 10 years old ........ his version of XP may be a retail version. If it is he can move it to a new computer........... or in this case a new MB.

I dont really see replacing the Mb as a realistic upgrade. There is almost no part of the existing computer that will be useful in an upgrade ........ Why even mess with trying to replace a dinasour with a little newer dinasour. Without using current parts the only option will be to try to find used parts ............ If you move up to a current MB and CPU ............ his case, power supply ........... and the rest wont be of any use.

If you want to be able to exist in the modern world of technology ............ it is best to start with current equipment .............. or so I think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)