AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Current economics of ethanol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 5/23/2022 07:42 (#9671825 - in reply to #9671620)
Subject: RE: Current economics of ethanol

Southeast Colorado
Well hopefully you've read my post above to humble farmer...............since it's pretty much about this same stuff.

My point on the fuel vs food debate more so is discussing the competition for acres. At 4 cents a loaf..............there's obviously plenty of wheat around for food. And I actually do think that when you substitute ethanol for 10 or more percent of a nation's fuel supply.............it does have an effect on pricing.

I am not from the corn belt................and it's a little hard to find ethanol pumps. When we do find them, it seems like they are somewhat competitively priced. The problem we have, and you definitely have worse than me, is that the owners of these pumps have a pretty steep investment..............and don't run many gallons through them. It's a tough call on where to price the fuel I'm sure. The only Giants in the fuel industry that move enough volume to maybe take a short term hit to get product moving............are "oil companies". And they've got no interest in promoting ethanol for sure. Mom and Pop stores probably only sell enough that they can't make money selling it priced similar, or even close, to the geographic areas where more volume is flowing.

But with all that said...............outright lies have been said about ethanol.............and just like current politics................the media runs with evidently whoever the high bidder is. I don't know the answer. I visit quite a bit with folks about the misconceptions in this arena. But I'm probably accomplishing as much as complaining about Biden.

Edited by tmrand 5/23/2022 07:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)