AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Current economics of ethanol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kochia
Posted 5/23/2022 03:25 (#9671620 - in reply to #9670760)
Subject: RE: Current economics of ethanol

MT-ND
You could do something, as the ethanol industry isn't going to and hasn't. I would assume corn has a checkoff, like beef. By something I mean something besides what the ethanol industry has been doing, virtually unchanged, for the last 20 years, as clearly what they are doing isn't working. Some type of defense, like against that study that said the production of ethanol "probably" caused more pollution than if you ran normal Gasoline. The ethanol and corn industry did nothing with that. Some type of acknowledgement about possible problems ethanol may or may not cause, like its ability to clean very well, and solutions for them and preventive measures.

From what I recall from a 1970s Washington wheat check off campaign, approximately 4 cents of wheat, which is 30 cents today, depending on the quality of the bread, which would also change the other figures. I'm not seeing your point, unless it's the middle men take most of the money, which if it is, ethanol is no better than oil to a degree.

Ethanol does little to keep oil in check. It keeps Gasoline in check to a higher degree, as if ethanol would be as cheap as it is in the corn belt, it would beat gasoline in sales, as it would be more appealing, but it is not.

Edited by Kochia 5/23/2022 03:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)