AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Constanini
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MountainValleyFarmer
Posted 5/16/2022 10:41 (#9662743)
Subject: Constanini

In March I had the brokerage firm Constantini reach out to me regarding a load of organic oats that I had leftover in the bin. I explained to the broker that these oats had some wheat in them. He said that was fine and said we would set the contract accordingly. I was hesitant as the buyer he had in mind was a good grade mill. I told him that prior to signing the contract I would like to send in a sample- the broker refused to send on a sample and told me they are not in the sampling business. At that point I told him that I couldn’t sell him the oats without sample approval and got off the phone. Over the next couple of weeks the broker continued to call and text trying to purchase the oats. Eventually I agreed to sell with a price of $8.40 with a maximum dockage of 6%.

I had taken a sample to my local elevator. The guys down there are always willing to help, they counted the wheat dockage at 5.7%.

Last week I shipped the oats. They were initially rejected by the mill due to too much wheat. The broker and I agreed that we would send the load oats to a usda sampling center for analysis and he would find another buyer if needed. The oats ended up getting accepted at that same mill and offloaded. The sample from the usda shows 10% wheat. The broker now says he will pay me $2 per bushel rather than the $8.40. Is there anything I can do?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)