AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First time farmer mess up. How big of a deal is it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 5/2/2022 08:48 (#9642116 - in reply to #9641496)
Subject: RE: First time farmer mess up. How big of a deal is it?

SWOH
That would be what we would consider a test plot or a R&D trial run. Other than seed not being cheap (I assume), you’ll know first hand if somebody else ever asks you if they should tear it out or leave it when they do the same thing. Don’t beat yourself up about it, every one of us has made mistakes. That’s how we learn. Let it go and see what happens. On the plus side, if it was bigger than a 5 acre field and you made the adjustment for the rest of the field…and you have a way to run separate yield checks on them…you should have a decent side by side population trial.

The first year I did our spraying when I was in high school, I messed up and sprayed Bicep on a 2 acre show plot, A SHOW PLOT, of beans that had just been planted. Right by a very heavily traveled road. We decided to leave it and see what happened. Beans came up, grew great, and yielded great. And I still remember being a nervous wreck about it 25 years later enough that I still double check and triple check what I’m doing when I spray now. I say let it go and see how it turns out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)