AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advantages of a belt conveyor vs auger?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 10/17/2021 06:03 (#9273016 - in reply to #9272986)
Subject: RE: Advantages of a belt conveyor vs auger?

Southern Missouri
Is just my opinion as always but I have grown to hate every belt conveyor that has anything to do with anything around our place,they become aggravating with just cool temps not just below freezing at least for us anyway,the spot where the belt comes together and the lacing goes on, let’s just say I’m not very good at it and neither is anyone I’ve ever had working for me and any one of those people can replace flighting or one of the two bearings on our truck augers in our sleep.As far as sliding under the unload tube coming out of the bin ,we buy the the load extension on our Westfield truck augers that eliminates the round wire sticking up over the auger tube and makes a truck auger slide right under there just like a belt,a lot of people don’t know those are available but they are shown on Westfield website and I think was around a 1000 dollar option but well worth it. I hate belts but seed quality isn’t a concern at our place and I think there is a difference there ,my humble opinion as always.13 x 41 Westfield electrics with 25 horse motors and the load extension on the bottom end is what we like.pic shows the load extension

Edited by sloughclub 10/17/2021 06:12

(9E26468F-0E27-4292-813D-66C44BE10ABD (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 9E26468F-0E27-4292-813D-66C44BE10ABD (full).jpeg (48KB - 11 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)