AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone gotten their flu shot after having had the flu that year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 10/11/2021 16:52 (#9263767 - in reply to #9263721)
Subject: RE: Has anyone gotten their flu shot after having had the flu that year?

North of London
Yes the flu vaccine is a 'vaccine'

I think at least some years the flu vaccine is supposed to protect against 4 or more strains but since the flu virus is always mutating/changing it sometimes does not protect against the latest version coming along.

That is likely going to be true of covid as well since it has changed several times already

At least the mRNA vaccines are working to get your body familiar with the spike protein so they should work against a number of strains until it finds another way to infect the cell.

There have been examples of people getting covid a second and even a third time so just having had it does not guarantee protection.

I believe I have seen numbers showing less of a chance of getting covid again if you have also been vaccinated.

I have read that some expect covid to be a virus that you will need several vaccinations for out several bouts of covid before your body will have the long lasting protection we would all like to see.
Just as some other disease vaccines require multiple doses to get best protection covid may fall into that category.

Covid of course is so new that only time will show what is best in the long term but we do know that those who have had covid can get it again and those who have been vaccinated can get it also but with vaccination illness is not as severe for most.

I would hope that a less sever case is also less of a chance of having the damage and long term impact that has happened to up to a third of those that got covid already.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)