AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More latest covid info
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 10/5/2021 09:53 (#9253859 - in reply to #9253581)
Subject: RE: More latest covid info

Faunsdale, AL
It doesn’t contradict anything I’ve said. Vaccination and recovery from a case both create immunity in people. That immunity is variable from person to person and lasts different lengths of time. So at some point everyone is going to be susceptible again. However, multiple exposures through vaccination and getting the virus which boost and fix our immune memory have been shown to protect better.

If there weren’t lots of people that are young and were in great health before they got COVID and wound up in the hospital, I would say let’s just vaccinate the vulnerable and let it circulate. But there seems to be plenty of folks out there still that don’t have any prior immunity or enough immunity that they don’t get really sick and some even die. In places with low vaccination rates like my state, this places a severe burden on healthcare. Once everybody has some immunity, then that will no longer be the case and as a society we can move on.

The question is how do we as a country get from where we are to where we need to be. I believe vaccinations are a much better way to get there than just letting the virus circulate and mutate.

Edited by ccjersey 10/5/2021 09:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)