AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on High speed Internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 10/20/2009 22:59 (#892684 - in reply to #892116)
Subject: Re: Educate me on High speed Internet

4MSU - 10/20/2009 09:52

The way I understand it is that The FCC allows a certain number of frequencies for public use (free) which the guy that has his anttena on our leg says he is running on a different frequency than the other company and his frequency should not interfere with the other company. There is frequencies availible for purchase but all of the local companies are working on the public frequencies. The company that is complaining basically has a monopoly in the community since the other provider is on the edge of town and can't reach many people in town.

I was hoping someone on here understood how all of this works better than me. This way I could figure out who is telling the truth and who isn't.

If both are truly using different frequencies, it still wouldn't matter to the city council, unless there is some sort of city permitting process that wasn't completed.

Even if both are using different frequencies, it is still possible one could be interfering with the other, if either equipment is not installed properly, or is sloppy in it's own design or not shielded properly. Even so far as having an improper ground on the antenna cable could cause interference, but generally that type of interference shows up on lots of electronics like phones, TV, etc., and poor operation of the transmitting equipment.

It is still up to the complainer to take action. He can complain to the city council if a permit was required. Beyond that, there isn't much that they can do unless there is some ordinance that was not followed.

If the complainer is being interfered with, they have to complain to the FCC who would investigate. Even lower power or public frequencies causing interference would be cause for them to investigate, but generally it would result in removing the interference. Look on just about any electronics sold. Most have FCC information on/in them about causing RF interference.

The only other alternative is court, but the complainer would have to prove how he was interfered with, other than competing business.

Most in the business of transmitting something are well aware of the FCC, licensing, etc. His complaining to the city council suggests he's trying to avoid competition.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)