AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Getting Hot In Dryer Bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 10/14/2009 02:02 (#883792 - in reply to #883763)
Subject: Re: Grain Getting Hot In Dryer Bin

Mascoutah, Illinois
Doug, that Shivers Bin was put in back around 1985. Technology advancements have made almost everything more efficient. Turn your heat down to around the 140 area instead of 180 and go from there. You had a hole in the floor of the bin and the heat was escaping, thus the temperature of the grain was cooler due to less heat. If you remember back to last year, the grain dried real slowly due in part to that hole allowing heat to escape. You now have a more efficient burner that is probably more energy efficient as well.

I would compare the situation to driving down the highway in the dead of winter with your heater on. If you roll down the window, heat escapes meaning you need more heat to keep the inside of your car warm. If you keep the windows rolled up, you need less heat to keep your car warm.

Almost anything you bought today is going to be way more efficient that anything you bought in 1985. It only makes sense. I bet you will use less LP with this burner as well.

Like I said, turn the heat down 40 degrees to 140 and I bet you get your corn around 100-105.

You might need that excess heat to dry out the fields if this monsoon season doesn't quit soon. I guess we will ring in the New Year on the combine??? LOL!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)