AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is how you buy your second farm...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 8/2/2020 06:16 (#8410051 - in reply to #8409533)
Subject: RE: This is how you buy your second farm...

Glasgow, Ky

alnciowa - 8/1/2020 19:42 I have worked with and farmed for that type of cheap axxes for 54 years and I don't think they get any farther financially than people who spend wisely. I have seen the cheap skates buy odd ball tractors, battle the POS for 10 and then go buy a used 4430 for far more than they could have when they bought the POS. Wish I would have not dealt with that type, they just drag you down to their level when you try to please them. They are the type that save rotten 2' 2x4's and pieces of dry wall.

How and when we grew up has a lot to do with the way we spend, or don't spend money.  Your example is an extreme one but people, especially older ones,  who have built an operation pretty much from scratch generally have a tendency to be tighter with their money.  I personally know of more than one farmer who are wealthy that will go to auctions and buy equipment and misc stuff because its cheap but they eventually will find a use for it that will save them money.  I grew up being taught you don't waste anything as my father and grandfather both went through the Great Depression.  I agree you can take tightness to an extreme but so can you do so with spending.  Spending wisely is a matter of perspective and individual situations.  Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.  Good advice.      

Edited by barren 8/2/2020 06:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)