AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Burrus Teams up with DuPont
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JDH SE IA
Posted 8/4/2009 13:36 (#799439 - in reply to #799384)
Subject: RE: Burrus Teams up with DuPont

Burlington, IA
(Sigh) I'll try this once more. Read my lips. If Burrus is working under any kind of agreement similar to NuTech's, as long as they are selecting or rejecting material available to them from P's portfolio, that they are evaluating, without any dictates from P as to what to take, and P has no financial investment in Burrus, then they are still independent. No, they may not have any control over what parent lines are being crossed to produce what hybrid, but that is no different than accessing material from any other source out there, including private breeders. Therefore, they are still as independent as any company can be, while still accessing genetic material from outside sources. As I said, this is no different than accessing material from Greenleaf, Holden's (either before or after M's acquisition, take your pick), or any other source of genetic material. This is strictly a licensing and marketing agreement, nothing more.

Maybe someone else can take a shot at this. I guess I'm not explaining well enough. I've never claimed to be a great communicator. But they're still an independent company. And, while not knowing specifically the language in any of the agreements, I'm sure they could all drop their alliance with P tomorrow, if they so desired.

I give up.

JDH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)